Sodium Hyaluronate Eye Drops – Act as artificial tears or eye lubricants, these eye drops are used in the treatment of dry eyes. They help in relieving dryness and soreness in the eyes while also alleviating pain and inflammation caThese eye drops are offered in the market with the brand name HYLOWAR, available at the Best Sodium Hyaluronate Eye Drops Manufacturer, Supplier & Franchise, Nayan Vision.
Uses of Sodium Hyaluronate Eye Drops
- Lubricates and soothes the surface of the eyes.
- Keeps the eyes moistened and comfortable.
- Treats and Prevents dryness in the eyes.
- Relieves pain caused by conservative therapies.
- used as a surgical aid during ophthalmic surgeries.
How to Use Sodium Hyaluronate Eye Drops
Following are the correct directions for using Sodium Hyaluronate Eye Drops:
- Wash your hands thoroughly before using Sodium Hyaluronate Eye Drops.
- Take off the cap of the bottle.
- To create a pocket, tilt your head back slightly and pull the lower lid a little down with your finger.
- Hold the bottle upside down close to your eye without touching the dropper.
- Apply enough pressure to instill one drop into your eye. Release the second drop only if the initial drop didn’t make it into your eye.
- Close your eye for around a minute or two and gently press the point where the corner of your eye touches your nose. Doing so will keep the drop in the eye and prevent it from draining away.
- Repeat the same process in the other eye if you are directed to do so.
Sodium Hyaluronate Eye Drops are known to be an effective ophthalmic solution for dry eyes. If these drops have been prescribed to you, then you must make sure to follow all the directions given by the doctor or ophthalmologist for better results. Aside from that, take some essential precautionary measures while using these drops to avoid any unknown negative effects on the eyes:
- Before using these eye drops, make sure to inform your doctor if you are allergic to Sodium Hydroluronate or any other preservatives present in the medicine. Also, let them know if you ever had an allergic reaction to any other eye lubricants.
- Be careful to not let the dropper touch your eyes, fingers, or any other surface as it may contaminate the remaining drops in the bottle.
- Sodium Hyaluronate Eye Drops may initially cause blurred vision which should go away shortly. Thus, before driving or operating any machinery, ensure that your vision is proper.
- Avoid wearing contact lenses while using these drops if it is not advised by your doctor or ophthalmologist as the preservatives in the eye drops can affect the lenses and further bring irritation to the eyes.
- If you are using any other eye drop or ointment, take a gap of at least 10 minutes before using Sodium Hyaluronate Eye Drops. It is advised to use these drops lastly to ensure that the medicine remains in touch with your eyes and lubricant them for as long as possible.
Sodium Hyaluronate Eye Drops are highly safe to use and do not really cause any major side effects. However, there are chances of the user experiencing mild irritation after the usage that usually gets relieved shortly. If this eye irritation worsens or is persistent, inform your doctor or ophthalmologist.
In addition, make sure to seek medical advice immediately if you encounter any other issues with your eyes that you think are caused due to the usage of these eye drops such as:
- Cystoid Macular Edema (thickening of the macula)
- Keratitis (inflammation of the cornea)
- Increased Intraocular Pressure (high pressure inside the eyes)
The common dosage of Sodium Hyaluronate Eye Drops for dry eyes is two drops, four times a day. However, use them in the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What can be done if I forget to use Sodium Hyaluronate Eye Drops?
Do not worry if you forget to use Sodium Hyaluronate Eye Drops at your scheduled time and simply use them later when you remember. Also, never double the usage of drops to make up for missed usages.
- What should be done if the symptoms do not improve with Sodium Hyaluronate Eye Drops?
If your symptoms do not improve within a few days of using Sodium Hyaluronate Eye Drops, notify your doctor.