Bepotastine Besilate Ophthalmic Solution – The Ophthalmic Solution belongs to a medication known as an antihistamine and is majorly used in the treatment of itching and irritation of the eyes. The itching in the eye is caused by a condition called allergic conjunctivitis. Bepotastine Besilate Ophthalmic Solution is also useful for itching because of inflammation in the eyes due to allergy. Allergic conjunctivitis is a common eye condition that is responsible for inflammation caused by an allergic reaction to allergens. The body’s reaction to allergens is considered a harmful allergic reaction. This allergic reaction is most likely to happen during hay fever season. The ophthalmic solution is for external use only.
Bepotastine Besilate eye drop solution contains Bepotastine besilate in the eye drop solution. Bepotastine besilate works by blocking the release of histamine. Histamine is mainly responsible for allergic symptoms. The eye solution helps in preventing the effects of histamine. This inflammatory substance is produced by cells in the eyes that cause allergic reactions.
Take the Ophthalmic Solution only if prescribed by the doctor. Do not take the eye drop solution without the proper consultation of the doctor or suggest your medication to somebody else. Avoid the use of this medication if you have redness or irritation in your eyes due to wearing contact lenses.
Uses of Bepotastine Besilate Ophthalmic Solution
Some of the many benefits of using Bepotastine Besilate Eye Drop Solution are:
- The ophthalmic solution is used in the treatment of itching and irritation of the eyes caused by allergic conjunctivitis.
- The eye drop solution helps to relieve symptoms of allergic eye disease such as itching, redness, swelling, or watering of the eyes.
- The eye solution helps in decreasing the effect of certain chemicals that are responsible for causing inflammation of the eyes.
- This medication makes it easier for you to go on with your life without any eye problems.
- Use the Bepotastine Besilate Ophthalmic Solution as prescribed by the doctor to get the best results for your eyes.
Side Effects of Bepotastine Besilate Ophthalmic Solution
The use of the Bepotastine Besilate Eye Drop may cause some side effects. The side effects of this ophthalmic solution are temporary and gradually resolve over time. However, check with your doctor if the side effects bother you much. Some of the side effects that can occur from Bepotastine Besilate ophthalmic solution are:
- Eye irritation
- Mild taste in the mouth
- Sore throat
Precautions for Bepotastine Besilate Ophthalmic Solution
Some of the precautions to keep in mind while using Bepotastine Besilate eye drop to avoid side effects are:
- Inform the doctor if you are allergic to Bepotastine Besilate ophthalmic solution or any of the ingredients used in it.
- If you wear contact lenses, remove the lenses before using the eye care solution. You can wear your lenses again after 10 minutes of using the medication.
- The medication is made for the purpose of eye use only.
- Avoid putting two eye care medications together in one eye. Allow at least 10-15 minutes before applying another medication to the eye.
- If you experience any new eye infection, injury, or worsening eye irritation, inform your doctor immediately.
Direction for the use of Bepotastine Besilate Ophthalmic Solution
- The doctor will suggest a dosage of eye care solution, like one or more drops. The dosage will be based on your eye condition.
- Put the ophthalmic solution into the affected part of the eye as prescribed by the doctor.
- It is suggested to use the Bepotastine Besilate Ophthalmic Solution before going to bed.
- If you are wearing contact lenses, remove them before using the eye drop solution.
- Store the eye care drops in a cold, dry place away from direct sunlight.